- The North Dakota Cheer Coach Association Scholarship is open to Senior cheerleaders whose coach is a member of the NDCCA.
- The NDCCA may award up to four $500 scholarships at the Winter Cheer Competition. The number of scholarships given will depend on the number of applicants and/or quality of applicants. However, the total amount given will not exceed $2,000.
- The applicant must complete the Scholarship Application and return it by January 15 of the current school year to the address on the application.
- The Scholarship Committee will appoint judges from both Class A and Class B schools.
- The applicant’s name and school will not be seen by the judges during the selection of the winners.
- The winner(s) will be announced at the winter competition. They will receive a recognition certificate, as well as a form to complete specifying the name and address of the institution they plan to attend. The scholarship money will be sent directly to the college.
- Give the completed application and a stamped and addressed envelope to your cheer coach. She/he will then enclose the Cheer Coach Recommendation Form and mail it to the chairperson. (The Recommendation Form is attached to the Scholarship Application file when printing.)
BILLIE ANN CAYA (BAC) SCHOLARSHIP
The Billie Ann Caya (BAC) scholarship will be awarded every year at the State Fall Cheerleading Competition. One Class A and one Class B school will be drawn from the list of NDCCA member coaches. It will then be at that coach’s discretion as to how and who they select for the scholarship. Often cheerleaders make contributions to their team that are not dependent on their grade point or class rank—and this could be a way for them to be recognized. It will be a $250 scholarship.